Sunday, December 21, 2014

Goals

I got to my goals yesterday.  I worked hard and finished the back of the Autumn Casket Keepsakes scissors case.  I so appreciate Amy Mitten's directions.  She took me through several stitches that I had no idea how to do. Who thinks up these stitches anyhow?  They aren't perfect but I did them.  The Ceylon stitch one I took out and started over as several "legs" were a bit long.  I think it looks okay now.  I'm actually getting used to detached buttonhole.  I hope I'm getting better at it.

Now on to the front.  The first two grapes on the front are just satin stitch.  Easy peasy.

I finished up stitching Glad Tidings.  Cute.

Today I intend on finish-finishing it.  I'm going to take a piece of mat board, put some Warm & Natural on it and lace the linen to it.  Then I think I will cut a piece of felt to glue on the back.  I'm going to hang it on my Christmas tree today.

More presents are appearing under the Christmas tree.  Santa likes to do that.  He teases me.
A

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Your Amy Mitten piece is beautiful! Love all the pretty stitches you've done. Glad Tiding's is so pretty. Happy Holidays, love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grapes are looking great, and love the Glad Tidings.
    What's up next?
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete