I got a reply from Jenny Adin-Christie about what I should do with Lawn #2 on Hampton Court. She was very kind and had many suggestions for me. She recommended taking out the threads. So I did. She also said I should make sure the fabric is drum tight in my hoop. Since I usually work in hand, I'm not so good at setting up an embroidery hoop. So I tried to make it as tight as I could. I should probably wrap the inside hoop too. Then she explained that my stitches were too many too close together. I had assumed I should make them close together to cover the fabric. Not really. So I started again keeping in mind what she told me. I wasn't sure I could do it right but now I am much happier with the results.
She also said that those last stitches help reveal the little light green squares. I can live with the results this time. What is next? Two more lawns! The next two pieces of lawn shouldn't be so hard especially since I have a better technique in mind.
I got my Just Cross Stitch magazine in the mail yesterday.
I wonder sometimes why I have a subscription since I usually don't like any of the designs and never stitch them. I was pleasantly surprised at this issue. I liked several things in there. The funky pincushion on the front looks interesting. I haven't stitched one in that style. There are two large flower charts.
I like them but don't dare start something big like that. I like the Elizabeth Talledo hornbook and pin cushion.
If I had some of the forms, I might make Claire the little Easter basket.
If I had oodles of time, I might even stitch one of the carrots.
It was -5 this morning but we are expecting a warm up. I hope it gets up to freezing!