I finished the side wings to Hampton Court.
What's next? The central tower. I read over the directions and it doesn't seem too hard. I have to put in some horizontal lines. I find using tape measure sticky tape works well. The top side has inches and the bottom side has centimeters. I hope to start this today.
I worked my way across the top of the inside of Along the River James.
I thought I liked boring repetitive stitches. Not really. I want to put some fish in the river. That will be interesting.
I worked on finishing Mrs. Hughes. ARGH. First I lost the felt pieces I cut for the ends of the pin cushion. So I found some more felt. There is no pattern, it just says cut an arc. Then I decided that I wanted to use ultrasuede borrowed/leftover from another kit. I had a time getting it to the right shape. So now I am trying to sew it on.
I like this new way of finishing but you have to cut it to fit. Not easy.
The needlebook calls for a bit of warm and natural padding but I think I want it to be stiffer than that so I'm going to put some file folder paper inside it. I'd like to finish-finish these today.
I started two new things but I'll show you tomorrow.