Monday, February 25, 2013

The Exciting Part

I made it!  I finished stitching (sort-of) the Painted Lady Sewing Case.  The most exciting part is cutting all the pieces apart.  The inside is done.  I attached the needlebook and the two scissors pockets.  It looks great!



Ironing it made it look way better.  Maybe you can't tell that I scrunched it up working in hand.

Now I had to decide whether to change the background of the front and/or back.  I decided to do the front by overstitching with my preferred color floss, crossing my fingers that I had enough.  I am about half done and I think I will have enough floss to do it all.

I need to find some skirtex to give this some stiffening.  I think there is some buried in my sewing room somewhere.
This has been a long process.  I'll have to look back and see when I started this.

I tried a little teeny flower in different colors in preparation for Rhapsody in Blue class.

I'm not sure I like it better. So I have decided to follow the directions and stitch it all in the blue.  But in the back of my mind are little urges "how could I make it better"  and "what would be cuter?  We'll see how long I can control myself.

I will see Dylan later today.  Hopefully he is at school today.
A

1 comment:

  1. I didn't notice that there were wrinkles so you are obviously a very neat worker. The Painted Lady is looking glorious - how clever of you to change the colour without having to "frog".

    ReplyDelete