I ran across the Sampler & Antique Needlework Quarterly that I have had for a few years.
I have intended on making this Merry Cox project that is on the cover. So I dug out the 32 count Sandstone linen and tried out just the scissor fob design.
I really like the floss colors on the box but my Gloriana Bellagio is slightly different. So I've been looking for an over dyed that would be perfect. I like Victorian Garden but I only have one yard of it. Is that enough? Maybe. Then I started the project. You should do the backstitch all around the edge first.
(Of course, that is boring.) I'm using some linen thread that is pretty close to the color of the linen.
I worked a bit on the Vintage Strawberry but I should really wait for the lessons and not try to work ahead so much. This project really reminds me of watercolor painting and I would like to goof around with it and shade it like I would a painting.
Then I found another Sampler & Antique Needlework Quarterly that has a Jackie DuPlessis project, Pansies for Diana. I've been meaning to make that too.
But all those queen's stitches. Maybe I have a pattern for a pansy that isn't all queen stitches. So I went looking at flower patterns.
It really is fun just to go looking at stuff. Unfortunately, you never get anything done that way. My sewing room could entertain me for years. I need to get back on task!