I picked up the Vintage Strawberry Class embroidery yesterday and decided that I need to keep up with this class. I followed the instructions. Really! I am happy with how my leaves turned out. They look dimensional even and shaded. Wow. I am learning how to this the right way. My natural tendency is to do it the wrong way so I really need to actually stitch it in the correct way rather than just read about it. I started the first strawberry. I have frogged it a bit because it wasn't looking like what I wanted it to. I am ahead of the class as the assignment this week was just the stems and leaves. I got on a roll and didn't want to quit.
I started the smaller window pocket on the Painted Lady Sewing Case. This sure is a lot more fun than the nun's stitch. I want to finish this pocket today and get started on the larger one. I am starting to see the end of the tunnel on this project. I had no idea when I started this that it would be this much work. I really want to see this case all finished. I think it will be something to be proud of.
Dylan wasn't at school yesterday. I left his snacks in his locker. Some mentors always call before they drive clear out to the school. That probably is a good idea. Dylan is usually there so I haven't gotten into the habit of checking to see if he is at school.
I'm looking for the Rhapsody in Blue kit to arrive in the mail. I'm already thinking of ways to change it like using an overdyed floss. I am very interested in the finishing techniques.
The weathermen keep crying wolf, warning us of terrible weather. Pretty soon we aren't going to believe a word they say. DH is taking me out to eat tonight. I love it.