Saturday, February 23, 2013

Something New

It was a good mail day yesterday.  I got the pre-stitching for Spring Fling.  We don't know what the projects are so I was very curious to see what the Friday night project is.  I was pleasantly surprised.  I like it.  It was neat to have a new kit to work on.  So I stitched one side of the scissors fob last night.

 I did change it just a tiny bit.  It is worked on 36 count linen.  I worked the bird in tent stitch instead of cross stitch so that it wouldn't be so crowded.  I started on the tail and it is cross stitched but then I did the body in tent stitch.   Would you believe all the pieces to this are edged in nun's stitch?  A question I had was whether the nun's stitch is double wrapped.  One wrap didn't seem enough so that's why I changed it.  I like how the nun's stitch over nun stitch looks on the Painted Lady Sewing Case so I tried it on the edge of the scissors fob.  Not easy to do. This stitching is going to be applied to one of those papier mache book boxes.

I am still working on the inside right page of the Painted Lady Sewing Case.

 I hope to finish the stitching part  today.  I need to have a non-stitching day.  There is housework and finishing, painting and reading that needs to be done.  I thought about doing that today.  No, I want to stitch.  Maybe tomorrow.
A

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you stitch each leg of Nun's stitch twice. Love the new project.

    ReplyDelete