We might get snow today. ARGH. I am not ready for that. I just want it to wait until I get back from seeing Dylan. I haven't been able to take him a little personal pan pizza as our Pizza Hut has been torn down and is being rebuilt. It reopens again tomorrow so next week will be pizza week - and it has a drive through. I'm not sure how that will work but I am willing to find out.
I am finished with Winter Cottage.
Now time to critique it. I changed some things and it was a mistake. It looks okay but it would have been better to follow the directions and to use the recommended materials. I tried to avoid some of the nun stitches. Not my favorite stitch. I used the CA way of joining for the needle book inside the front cover.
It was only partly successful. The needle book is a bit puffier that I want and not quite as straight. I think using the congress cloth would have been better. I like the design inside the needle book better than the called for.
I think I left out (forgot?) a part that was to cover the inside fold. I interfaced the inside and left an edge open so that there are two pockets.
But the interfacing should not really be seen and it is. I still need to make some twisted cording to tie Winter Cottage together at the bottom. The inside needle book doesn't close as flat as I would like and a tie there would be good too. The door scissor pocket turned out nicely.
I wish the outside edge was smoother, that may be due to using linen instead of congress cloth.
I used Hand Dyed Fibers substitutions and I think some of the colors are too close together. I would use a darker gray and three more distinct blues if I were to do this again (not a chance). The threads for Victorian Painted Lady should arrive this week and I am going to follow the directions precisely. I can get started on the nun stitch edging anytime.
Goal for today: finish number 2 bracelet.