Thursday, November 8, 2012

Done!

I am one of those people who would like to put an exclamation point after every sentence just to give it some emphasis.  I have to watch myself as I try not to use too many.  But I am very happy to say that I finished the Cabinet of Curiosities pin cushion.

 All those queen stitches!  I very much enjoyed pulling out the waste canvas.  I think it turned out fine.  You can not even tell that one bunch of flowers is one thread too low so I'm glad I didn't take it out.  I trimmed up the satin and fished out the silk velvet backing.  It doesn't feel like velvet, it feels like velveteen, not so slippery.  I want to put some cording on it so I went digging for some coordinating material since I don't have extra satin or silk velvet to make the cording.  I found some silk that I got at Delectable Mountain that I think will do.  It is quite light and almost see through.  I'll have to see if it covers the cord well enough.  If not, I'll have to line it with some muslin.

 That is my goal for today: to finish-finish the pin cushion.
When you finish something you have automatic permission to start something new.  I have been looking at this little chair that I bought while I was at the New England Stitching Retreat.

It has some small pieces to be stitched for it.  I was kind of craving a small easy stitch.  So I started the seat cushion last night.  It is going pretty quickly.  There are other larger pieces that coordinate but right now I'm not in the mood for those.  I love that I bought all the threads too.  I didn't have to go digging for colors.

Thanksgiving is two weeks from today.  How can that be?  I have to decide if how much trouble I want to go to.  We will have no visitors and DH doesn't care.  I think I do want to make a turkey.  If you make a turkey, you have to make dressing.  If you have dressing, you should have some cranberry sauce.  Of course you have to have some sort of potato, I like mashed.  If you're good, you have a vegetable.   It is a special day so you can have dessert. If you're going to that much trouble, you might as well have some homemade rolls.  So there you have it.
A

1 comment:

  1. The pincushion turned out real well didn't it? I am impressed. All the best for the little chair - that is really cute. I had to laugh at your thoughts about Thanksgiving. rather like me and Christmas Dinner. My sister said she and her husband would be with us on Christmas Day and then yesterday I got a letter telling me their flight arrives in at 5pm! She will barely be in time to listen to the Queen's Speech let alone have Christmas Dinner with us but like you I am running through menus in my head.

    ReplyDelete