Saturday, November 17, 2012

A Grand Niece

Our nephew and his wife had a baby girl.  I guess that makes her my grandniece.  What can I make?  I think something everyone likes is the name of his/her child.  So I decided to stitch the seven letter name like I stitched "Claire" and make it into a pillow.  I intend to get her a real gift too.  Claire's favorite toy is Sophie the giraffe so I might get one for this new baby.  I started the name on 32 count.  I was debating with myself: bright colors or muted colors.  I naturally like muted ones but bright ones suit a baby better.  But  when it comes to finishing, what fabric colors/patterns will be easier to find?  I'm going to look in my stash and see what I can find.  That will help me decide.  I started it in muted colors though.

I made myself finish sewing on the ribbon on the edge of the Cherished Stitches Limited Edition kit.  Then I sewed on the thread rings.

I have to read to directions and see where the ribbon ties are supposed to go.  Then it will be done!  Of course there are some other parts.  I like the scissors fob.  But I don't like the chatelaine and don't plan on stitching that.

I got another leaf stitched on the hydrangea.  It is hard not to get lost on this chart.  My goal for today is to get the third and last leaf done.  Then I can concentrate on the flower.  It really is going fine even if it doesn't seem like it.

I found a nice round shape for one of the Christmas ornaments.  I want to finish this one today.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment