Then the pin keep is done but I think it needs something around the edge like lace or cording. I wish I knew how to put that button trim on.
I'll have to look up and see if there is a tutorial on how to do that edging. I tried the cording that I made for the box but I didn't like the colors.
Then lastly is the scissors/needle book. It turned out fine. Thank goodness the wrinkles ironed out with a little help from spray starch.
I added some skirtex to give it more body. I used the charm to sew on the wool needle page (instead of putting it on the scissors fob). I think the needle page needs more tacking down as it flops around when you open the book. There is a pocket on each side.
There are two other books to make. I haven't started them yet.
I wanted to set up this month's project for Cabinet of Curiosities. First you put the piece of satin on a frame and then baste the waste canvas to it. I tried using the milliner needle but found that the embroidery needle is easier. I need help threading the milliner but the embroidery needle has a bigger eye and is sturdier.
I enjoyed sleeping through that extra hour that we got last night. It was nice to get up when it was light for a change. I'm hungry for lunch but it isn't time yet.
Thank goodness the election will be over this week. We got at least 8 robo calls yesterday and the endless commercials are driving us crazy.