Thursday, December 22, 2011

Floored






I heard from Joe the contractor. He can put in the tile on our kitchen floor next week. But first the floor needs to be totally torn up. What sounds like a simple project turns into a ton of work. DH is wondering where we can move the fridge. He thinks we should move the fridge to where my desk is and that means cleaning my desk it off. This project is mushrooming already. But it would be wonderful to have this kitchen redo all done this year. Next week is likely to be kinda crazy.
If I buckle down today I think I can finish the stitching on Mountain Flowers. I only have 4 or 5 diamond motifs to go. I spent last night reading the rest of Tea Time for the Traditionally Built. Since I am now done with it, I can start another book. I'll probably start The Affair by Lee Child.
The Stitching Tour of the Sewing Room's Unfinished Drawer continues with (surprize!) Shepherd's Bush's "Bloom" and a small sampler. There is an angel from a Just Cross Stitch Ornament issue (I think) and Victoria Sampler's "Crown". I think I am going to sort the Unfinished Drawer items into piles. One pile will be for ornaments that need to be finished. I don't know about the other piles yet.
Another thing I want to work on today is a smocked dress for the new baby that I started about 2 months ago. It wouldn't take that much to finish it. I sort of lost interest in it along the way. I'm not sure I really like the fabric. But maybe it will be sweet when it is finished.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment