Monday, August 15, 2011

Guilty Pleasures



I didn't post yesterday because I was on my field trip to the Kindred Spirits Sampler Guild annual picnic. I had a great time. I drove half way there and met friends to ride with the rest of the way. I am not a driver. I don't like it. I am afraid. I hate having to merge. Driving back at 5pm Sunday was the worst part as the interstate was busy and my car starts to shake at 71 mph. So everybody is whizzing by me. But I made it in one piece.
Fun, fun, fun. I had a blast. It is great being around people who like to stitch. Add lots of food and conversation, it is great. Then add kits to stitch and I am in hog heaven.
Everybody showed what was in their sewing bag (Vera Bradley, don't ya know). It was great seeing what people are working on. The house where the picnic was held had many samplers on the wall. Amazing work. My guilty pleasures were a hot dog and ice cream. Since it had been raining, our picnic was inside. There was a raffle for two surprise bags of goodies. You had a chance to buy a special little kit designed just for the guild and it was cute. Then I bought a little strawberry kit that was taught right there at the meeting. It seems that designers send out a notebook of their designs that we could vote on which one we would like taught at the class. We looked at designs from Amy Mitten and Marcia Brown Smith. I got to see the box from the book finishing class I signed up for next year with Marcia Brown Smith. I also got to see the Harvest Moon project. It is so darling! I love the smalls that go in the Elsie box. There were so many interesting people and stories there. It was a great day and I hope to go to more meetings. Everybody was friendly and nice. It was great to have friends to ride with too. Needless to say, I was exhausted when I got home. What a day!
A

No comments:

Post a Comment