Thursday, August 4, 2011

Before and After




Well, life can throw you a curve ball now and then. Today was the day for the counter top to be installed. We were so ready. Everything was out of the bottom cabinets. The old counter tops were taken off. The sink is out. The water turned off. The guy came early even. I came down to check on the progress. The new counter tops are beautiful. They have the right design that I ordered. But - they are wrong. Totally wrong. I didn't want an ogee on the back. So I ordered flat counter tops and a separate flat back splash so it would mimic granite. The counter top he was putting in had the ogee on the back splash. I hated to break it to him that the counter top was wrong. DH said to get what I wanted. The installer said to not settle. So although they look very nice, I am holding out and getting the one I wanted. They have to make them all over again. Luckily they will leave the wrong ones setting in place so we have a functional kitchen. I don't know how long it will take. The flat back splash is better for when we tile anyway.

I finished Drawn Thread's Heartsong. It is very sweet and would look nice in a little frame. It is only 2 inches by 4 inches. I didn't stitch the tree trunk correctly but I like how it looks and am just going to leave it. I pressed Hare Pyns and blocked it into shape. It squared up nicely and without too much trouble. I'm proud of how it turned out. Today was a bit of a disappointment with the wrong counter tops. But all is not lost. As Sister Anthonita says, tomorrow is another day.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment