Saturday, March 5, 2022

More Happy Mail

 A friend of mine in New Zealand has a blog and she talked about Yvette Stanton’s book Early-Style Hardanger. My friend wanted to know how to make picots. Picots are a problem for me too. So I wanted that book so I could learn how to make the perfect picot. I’ve made a lot of awful ones. It was not an easy book to find. I ordered it from Abe’s books. It came in the mail yesterday. 


This is a great book. I tried some reticella when I was on a tour of Italy and want to improve my technique instead of stumbling through. Boy, is this a great reference. 

There are pages and pages of stitch diagrams. Ones for right-handed stitchers and ones for left-handed stitchers. There are several projects included too. Making nice picots looks easy from the diagrams. There is a Christmas ornament in Inspirations Magazine that I want to try. The book will help me.
It is so nice out today. I walked a long way.

A

2 comments: