Saturday, March 19, 2022

Mistakes

 When I was looking for something else I ran across a partially finished pinball. It was a kit from Williamsburg, I think. One side was done and the rest of the kit was MIA. 

After listening to a lecture on pinballs, I wanted to finish this. I remember that the pinball ring from Williamsburg was a couple hundred dollars. No way was I going to buy that. But during the lecture I heard about an Etsy store that sells them. So I went to the site and ordered one. Boy, did I mess up. 
I didn’t mean to order the white one. I wanted the black and silver one. That was my first mistake. 
Then I didn’t even think to check what size it was. Turns out that it is much too small to hold my stitching.
The ring is a little less than 2 inches in diameter.

So what to do? Well, I guess I’ll make it into a round pin cushion with some velvety looking fabric
You win some and you lose some. 
It is raining today so I walked inside. 
Have a nice weekend.
A
 


2 comments:

  1. I don't know if the link will work, but I did a post about Ann's pinballs a while ago. It appears the same pattern as you've stitched, 4" with a 2" ring. Colonial Pinball from The Posy Collection and Williamsburg.
    https://samplers-and-santas.blogspot.com/2017/08/pinballs-by-ann.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will make a beautiful pinball.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete