I am working on something that is very hard to do. What makes it hard? It would be easier if I had two extra hands. I am making the disc that will be attached to one side of the Casket Keepsakes thread winder holder. The entire disc is fabricated by detached buttonhole stitch over gold metal thread that you wind around and around in a circle. I wasn't sure if I could do this but the more I work on it, the more I think that it might turn out okay. It's not perfect. It's not even. But I'm hoping that it will look alright when I am done. I don't dare worry about the other side's design yet. I made a copy of the pattern so that if I mess up too badly, I can try again. I just hope I don't have to.
I got both of the linings for the inside done. They look like duck heads.
I got the pencils in the mail yesterday! Yeah!
So I started coloring the pond of Hampton Court. It looked a bit stark at first.
But you cover it with some silk/metal gauze that mutes the colors. This gauze is fascinating. If I look at it from the side, it looks blue. If I look at it from the bottom, it is silver.
I've stitched down the gauze.
The next part is the lawn. I worry that it won't look as nice and neat as Jenny's. But hey, you have to try.
I've seen some photos of the double caskets for the Cabinet of Curiosities class that are being put together right now. I wonder if I am in the first ten. Maybe. . .
I've got my steps in for today. The Y is closed on New Year's Day tomorrow. It is snowing a lot outside.
I have a pina colada to drink tonight. I may not be able to stay awake until midnight. We'll see. .