Since we got the last lesson of Mermaid Treasures, I started the finishing. The first thing was to cut out the stumpwork mermaid. Scary! But easy to do. Then stitch it on the mirror backing. Easy to do. Then buttonhole stitch the frame that I finished in the previous lesson over the mermaid.
I can do that. I'm half way around the mirror frame and I like how it looks. So far, so good.
I like how the tail sticks out a bit. Everything is coming together. I was motivated to get going on this because I got an email that the Casket Keepsakes kit has been sent. It will take a while to get here but it is on its way. Yeah!
Then I read Shepherd's Bush Blog and they are offering "Fold". It is a club where every month for a year you get a kit of some needlework related item to stitch and it all fits into a (very expensive but optional) box. Oh-oh, I'm tempted to sign up!
I put a few stitches into the Queen Victoria scissors case. I'm missing DMC 642. I should have a ton of that color but I can't find any. I may have to make a run to Hobby Lobby or substitute.
We're expecting more snow tonight. Estimates range from one inch to 7 inches. I can handle one inch of snow. If we get seven, I'm staying home.