I worked on the step stool. I figured out a different way to do the name and it worked!
I have used a ton of that special blue tape and it works wonders. I put the blue tape on the top and then cut around the stencil with an Exacto knife. Then I painted over the cut out blue tape and it turned out very nicely. I made a big mistake though. I used a pen to trace the stencil onto the top but when I got done painting you could still see some of the pen marks. DH saved the day when he suggested I paint carefully over the pen marks with the background paint. Whew, I was able to get rid of those pen marks. I am happy with how her name turned out. And I feel rather clever to have gotten it on the step stool neatly.
I have to touch up the stripes and sign my work. The last thing is to coat the stool with a sealer. That is the goal for today: finish up the step stool.
A.B. correctly guessed what I am stitching. It is Sakura by Brightneedle.
I was tickled to get to the cherries. So cute.
I bought a kit off of Ebay and I'm feeling very guilty as the last thing I need is another kit. So I'm trying to stay away from temptation.
We have some snow today and it is very cold.