Thursday, September 12, 2013

Working Away

Yesterday I was working away on the Mermaid's Treasures shell.  I worked until I got horribly terribly lost.  Then I knew it was time to quit.  For some reason, when I go back to working on this with a fresh perspective, I can solve the problems that made me quit.

My goal today is to get everything above the horizontal center line all done.  I think I can do that.  When I was first working on this, I wasn't sure I could finish it. It was just too hard and too much.  But having done the other side, I know if I keep plugging away, I can do it.  And I will be proud of it when I am done.

Then I wanted to get the center band done on Ebony and Ivory.  I didn't quite get there but I am close.  I got all 34 triangles done and am working on the satin stitch and hem stitching around them.  I think it looks pretty.

My phone died.  It is just dead, it won't recharge or turn on or anything.  So I went shopping and got a new one.  I got a really inexpensive one.  We'll see how long this one lasts.  I need the phone for long distance and when I travel.  In less than three weeks I am going to the Dyeing to Stitch Retreat.  I can't wait!  We will have so much fun!  Can you tell that I am getting excited???
A

1 comment:

  1. You've come so far, and it looks great.
    You can do it!
    Ebony & Ivory is pretty also.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete