Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day

It is Labor Day. No mail today.  No stock market.  But I have my labor all done.  I walked my 10,000 steps at the park and the bathrooms are clean.  A gentle breeze is blowing in the window and it is a lovely perfect 72 degrees outside.  I'm pooped.

And now for something completely different.  I got the casket basket kit in the mail the other day.

It came really fast.  I started it yesterday.  I was worried it would be too hard.  But so far it is easy.  Just string beads on a wire.  Two inches of green beads, four inches of white smaller beads.  When you do that 17 times then you can wrap it around a wire form for the bottom of the basket.  This is what it looks like:

Then you do another wire covered with beads for the top edge.  I am in the process of doing that now.  The  basket bottom and sides look hard but I haven't gotten there yet.  We'll see.....

Then I worked on the "easy" side of the Mermaid's Treasures shell.  After about two hours, I got terribly horribly lost again and just had to quit.  But I can see that I am making progress.  I am determined.  I will finish this!

So after that I needed something mindless and regular.  I picked up Along the River James and worked on the back border.

I'm almost done.  Then the improvising will start.  I really want to start the bargello pockets.
Happy Labor Day!
A

1 comment:

  1. Happy Labor day to you too!
    Keep up with the Mermaid, she's coming along nicely.
    The basket looks interetsing.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete