Anyway, I finished the snail shell!! I didn't think it was going to turn out. I was not at all happy with my needle weaving Ceylon stitch. Amy Mitten's looked so much more even and nicer. But I thought, I'll finish this one and if I can't make it look nice, I'll make another one. But when I got done and slipped it off the straw it was worked on, it looked better. Then I was able to tack it down so that the bad parts didn't show. So, ta-dah! My snail has a shell.
I like it.
I worked a bit on shell hell. I want to get some more of the off-white lines in. I am making progress but very slowly. I have the latest charts for the mirror surround but I want to finish the shell first.
I have really enjoyed working on Ebony and Ivory.
I want to get the center band all done today. There are 34 of those triangles down the middle. I tried taking out some of the linen threads for the next band. The linen threads kind-of shred so it is hard to reweave it back in without it just pulling apart. You have to be very careful.
Have a great day!