Thursday, September 26, 2013

Visions of Sugarplums

I am so glad to say that I am done with the hard side of the shell.  I know it isn't perfect (isn't that what I say about all my stitching!?!?) but it is good enough. I ran out of the lace color of floss but luckily I had some left over in my Needlework pocketbook kit.
Front and back of the shell.  All done!
Now on to other things.  I finished the two backstitching lines around one side of the mirror frame.

Now I'm working on the other side with a sparkly braid.
The first side was worked in a silk pearl cotton thread.

I'm hoping to get better at this as I go along.  I'm anxious to get to the design part of the mirror frame just to see what it looks like.

DH said to order the things I want for Christmas.  You don't have to tell me twice!  It's three months until Christmas but I will be ready.  I keep a running list of stuff that I want. On the other hand, it will be like Christmas when my caskets get here.

A week from today I'll be at the retreat!!!  Can't wait!
A

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your finished shell!!!
    It looks great.
    Have fun ordering your Christmas stash.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete