So I cut the linen up for the smalls of Ebony and Ivory. Then I serged them. Then they were staring at me - waiting to be stitched. So I started stitching the smalls. First I started the needlebook. It is hard as it is all over one (on 34 count). And all the background is stitched too.
After a bit I started the scissors sheath.
Then there was the scissors fob, which I totally messed up. I started in the wrong place. I should have started in the middle and I may have to redo this as I am way too close the the edge.
Then I went back to the main necessaire thing. I finished up the needle weaving on the other side of the middle band.
I wanted to get to the edge so I put in the second pulled thread strip and then the herringbone gone wrong stitch, I wanted to see what it looked like. Then I was at the edge and wanted to try the loop stitch. It is a bit tedious but will look nice on the edge.
I really like this project. It looks cool.
I decided it was good to have a break from shell hell for the day. I will get back to it today.