Sunday, June 30, 2013

Ruffled

I went back to my Antwerp stitched ruffle for the mermaid's waist.  I took out the stitches that were becoming too big and tried again.  Luckily I was able to loosen them up and just take out the ones that needed to be redone - as opposed to starting over.  I wasn't sure how to start a new thread so I just left a tail, that's why there are so many strings hanging on this.  I had a hard time working over the little bent-over edge on one side.  I'll figure out what to do about that later.  I'm not sure about this ruffle.  It looks like there is a ridge down the middle.

I'm tempted to try again.  I have lots of silk covered Pearl purl from my Cabinet of Curiosities class so I could try again and see what happens.  I haven't looked to see what comes next.  I think we attach the scales and tail fin and ruffle.  That would be so cool.  I think the mirror mermaid would be just about finished by then.

I got the center cartouche stitched on the Needleworker's Pocketbook.  I also got a good start on the last one.  I am making progress but it is rather slow.

I am trying out the bird alphabet to see if I like the colors and how the bird is stitched.   I may decide to change colors. The plan is to stitch "Claire" again.  I think this alphabet is really Christmas themed so I may change it to be more summer themed but first I have to see how it looks.  Do the leaves look like holly and berries?  Can I use over dyed thread?
Now that I see this photo, I think I like the more sage color green of the chart.  I like the bird colors of the chart better than the bright red in the bird.

I put in a few stitches in Lady's Collection.  Boy is it slow going over one with cross stitch instead of tent stitch.  I realized that I am one thread off from having those flowers centered.  Rats.  I wasn't up to changing anything yesterday.  We'll see how I feel today.  I think I'd rather vacuum than take stitches out.

It is a lovely day for walking and I walked a bit extra today.  I'm good.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment