Sunday, June 23, 2013

And Now For Something Entirely Different

I got my order from Silver Needle yesterday.  It is going to be such a fun stitch.  It is the new Just Nan Humbug.

Of course I had to start it.  The big job was to go looking for the called for threads.  I was looking for the right threads for the Rose needleroll too.  Just Nan uses really bright colors.  They are ones I wouldn't naturally choose but I've done lots of Just Nan and I trust her choices (well, up to a point!).

The first Just Nan I stitched I was crazed by all the color changes.  Stitch two stitches then change color.  I am now much more used to how her designs are and I love them.  This humbug looks like it uses a motif from another Just Nan design.  Queen of the Needle, I think.  I love blue and white pottery so this is right up my alley.  I've got one of the flower pots almost all done.  I told myself that I had to finish the "fugitive" scales of Mermaid Treasures before I could go back to the humbug.  So that is what I did this morning.  The next set of scales, which is the last five scales are a blue color called "Deadly".  So the plan today is the work on Deadly scales and the humbug.  What fun!
A

2 comments:

  1. Such a great start Amy!!! I love seeing stitching in my mailbox from Silver Needle Too!!
    Love that Just nan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is turning out soooooo pretty.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete