Thursday, June 6, 2013

New Lessons

I am so excited.  There are three new lessons posted for the Mermaid Needlework Treasures.  I read through them and think that I actually can do it.  (Thank you Amy Mitten for great instructions.)  I'm just taking it a step at a time.  First I have to outline the mermaid's body.  That is my aim today.

 I may have to take out the basting lines down the middle.

I got the middle cartouche done on the Needleworker's Pocketbook.

I just copied Amy Mitten's since we have the same name.  In the next cartouche is another basket of flowers.  I want to change a few colors as the centers of the blue flowers don't show up as yellow, so I need a stronger yellow.  Hey, you can't even see the blue flowers.  Maybe I need a stronger blue too.

When I get these first two bands done I can move on to the large landscape that is the focal point of this sampler.  It will be interesting as it is a mix of over-two and over-one.

I ordered the M.Woods sampler (which is being released today) along with the linen (36 count) and silks from The Attic.  The sampler appealed to me as it is another Norfolk sampler with little octagons with over one designs inside.  I am not really a sampler lover but hey, it looks like fun.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment