Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Pastoral Scenes

Yesterday it was raining.  That's my excuse for not posting.  I went walking and then it started to rain and DH came and picked me up and then I went to exercise class and then I cleaned the bathrooms and by that time it was lunch and The Young and the Restless was on and yadda yadda yadda.

I got half of the pastoral scene done.  I hope to make a big dent in the other half today.

I got all the way around with the buttonhole stitch on my mermaid.  Then I gave her a tummy and some boobs.  Next comes the hair.  No, actually I do the features of her face next.  Let's hope I can make her pretty and not grotesque.  Now that I see the photo, I think her belly button is a bit off center.  I'll have to fix that.

I had a wonderful mail day yesterday.  I got the Kit 2 of Cabinet of Curiosities with a lot of interesting goodies inside.

Lots of colors of Pearl Purl.  I wonder why it is called that.   The silver tape  looks so cool.  I love the piece of marbled paper.  It is so professionally done.

I think the plain paper is what is applied to the wood of the casket before the stitching.  I will have to get busy on the trinket box sides so I'll be ready to put it all together.

I got some magazines I ordered off of ebay that had some Barbara Jackson designs in them.  It took two weeks to get here from Colorado.  Good grief.

I got an extra chart that my BFF had.  Can't wait to try that out.

I got my monthly order of Hand-Dyed Fibers.

I got confirmation for the Dyeing to Stitch Retreat in October.  I got in the track I wanted with Shepherd's Bush and Pam Reed.
Then Son#2 and DIL sent me my very very favorite flavor of taffy - Cherry Cola!
What a lucky girl I am!
A


No comments:

Post a Comment