Monday, January 31, 2022

This is the Week

 We've had a week of stash and a week of finishes. I was thinking this week I would have a week of new starts. But today is a new start and a finish. It was an easy stitch. 

I wanted to stitch these three cute snowmen by Brenda Gervais but I wanted to do them individually. I'm a little skittish about stitching With Thy Needle and Thread designs because they are often over one on a high count linen. I stitched her schoolhouse series a while back but quit after two of the projects. So I wanted to see how it was to stitch one of these. It went so well that I finished it in short order. 

He turned out cute. I am going to finish him off for my grandkids as an ornament.
Sweet!
I had such a frustrating time with a credit card this last month. I signed up for paperless bills. That was a big mistake. It was a lot of trouble having to go down to the store to pay the bill. DH was in internet security and limits what we do online as so many companies do not encrypt information or have breaches of security. So I wanted to switch to paper bills. I got an email bill on Christmas Eve so I had to wait a couple of days to contact the company. I requested a paper bill. I thought that's what I would get. But the requested bill was not included so I still didn't know where to send the check. That was January 7th. So I called again. No, they couldn't send a bill so I asked for the address to send the check. Finally I could send the check which is what I did. I had ten days left for the check to get to the bank before the due date, from up North to Texas. It arrived 1 day late! I was charged a 31.00 dollar late fee on a bill of 65.00. Highway robbery. By the way I hate that guy in charge of the Post Office. Frustration! So I called again. I tried to be very nice when I wanted to scream. The lady did take off the late fee charge. Thank goodness. I will never ever use that credit card again. Ever.
A


1 comment:

  1. That Snowman is too cute.
    Hope your problems are solved with your CC.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete