Friday, January 28, 2022

Big Finish

 I've worked hard all week on finishing the Forget-Me-Nots pin cushion. I finished it yesterday.


Finishing it was a challenge. I followed the directions but found that I needed another flower to fill the space around the circle. This isn't very large pin cushion as it has a less than 2 inch diameter. It took 11 flowers to have no spaces around the circle. I think it is very sweet. If I stitched this again (not going to happen!) I would be a lot better at stitching it. I used four different flosses for the flowers. 

See the line?  I still have to hit this with an iron to get rid of the heat eraseable marks.
The bee was a challenge and I would do a much better job if I stitched it again. 

I altered the construction a bit as the gluing recommended didn't hold. 

I signed up for a couple of classes. I tell you about them tomorrow.

A

4 comments:

  1. Amy: This is positively adorable; the bee adds that special touch.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an amazing job, Amy! You are always too hard on yourself, but I understand the self-critiquing LOL.

    ReplyDelete