Saturday, January 29, 2022

Close But No Cigar

I found another project when I was cleaning up my sewing room. I started it a couple of years ago. It is a  needlepoint kit. I'm sure I can finish it in short order as I am close to three-quarters done.


It is stitched with a full six strands of DMC floss. This is a good project for mindless stitching. 

I signed up for two classes with Lady Anne's Needlework Retreat in May. What I really wanted was Jenny Adin-Christie's class of the Elizabethan Mitten but it was filled already. Of course if you have only 15 spots for the world's best embroiderer there is no way to get in. So I contacted Jenny and asked to be put on the waiting list for a kit. Then I decided to try and take a couple of other classes. It is expensive. I've been stuck at home for years and these classes are on Zoom. I signed up for Pippa Haynes' Viola and Mandy Ewing's Sweet Bag. 



I haven't had these teachers before. I am looking forward to May!

A

3 comments:

  1. Nice bag, in no time you will be finished, I do like a no mind project every once in a while.
    I like the Viola and Sweet bag, nice projects.
    Have fun with retreat.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness...my friend Luisella forwarded this to me! Im so sorry you couldnt get a place on the mitten class! Not sure your name so just commenting to check you have got in touch to order the kit!!

    ReplyDelete