Friday, January 7, 2022

Fifty Times

 If you do something 50 times you should get better at doing it. Theoretically. I've been working on a couple of projects from The Design Collective Pincushions book. 




I got the kit for the Forget-Me-Nots pincushion.


The first thing you have to stitch is 50 petals. So far I've stitched 20. Of course there is one I can't find at the moment. I made three  flowers so far each having five petals. I wanted to use variegated floss but the floss in the kit was regular DMC except for a House of Embroidery variegated green. I happen to have another kit by this same designer that uses some Threadworks threads. I tried out some of those. 

These are my flowers:


I have six more flowers to make, 30 more petals. Plus I have to find the lost one. Story of my life.

By the time I'm done I'll be pretty good at making petals. The other kit I have by the same designer calls for 80 petals. ARGH.

It's a snowy Friday and the toaster is "out for delivery"! This morning I tried broiling a piece of toast. Not quite the same.

A

2 comments:

  1. Those teeny flowers are so cute, it will be a beautiful pincushion.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy: I am looking forward t seeing this done.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete