Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Serendipity

 I have been trying to organize (clean up!) my sewing room. I've made progress and discoveries. I've found things I didn't remember having. I've found many WIPs. I ran across a project that was mostly done so I decided to see if I could finish it up. A year ago (maybe two years) I couldn't get myself to work on this. I was wondering how things would go this time around. I am happy to say that I finished the stitching.

This is a William Morris design. I have done two similar William Morris designs. I think they are meant to be bookmarks. I was wondering if I had a place in or on my caskets for them. They don't really fit anywhere on my caskets. I wanted to frame them individually but haven't found the picture frame moulding I want. I wish I could see what Stitchville has in the way of choices of moulding. It would be expensive to frame them.
I was so excited to see a new Jenny Adin-Christie design yesterday. It is called the Elizabethan Mitten and Gauntlet. Jenny is teaching it at the Lady Anne Needlework Retreat in May on Zoom. I had heard that sign up was last night but I kept checking and never got passed the "coming soon" button.  Then this morning it says all the spaces (there were only 15!) were booked. Rats. I didn't think I could actually get in anyway. I'll have to see if I can get on a waiting list for the kit. I love the design. 

I had to walk inside again as it is very cold today, 12 degrees.

A


2 comments:

  1. I remember when you started these! I'm glad you finished them! They are so nice!

    ReplyDelete