Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Now What

 I finished stitching the pear!

Then I sewed the section to the pear but left an opening to turn it right side out.

I stuffed it a bit to see how it was going to look. 

I remembered the leaf still needed threads couched to it. I found the Passion for Needlework book and looked up what I needed to do. First I had to find the leaf pattern, make a copy of it and cut it out of the green felt.

I read the directions for the couching. But it doesn't make sense to me yet. Do I couch the front and the back? I'm going to read it out loud to myself and see if I get it. Sometimes my brain is a little foggy.

When I read the directions I was reminded that beads are scattered around the pear. Wouldn't it be great to get this all done? My granddaughter has seen my work on this so I would love to show her the finished product. That means finishing by Sunday.

Nice warm day again today! We'll go walking again. 

A

2 comments:

  1. That is such a rich and gorgeous pear. It's going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!
    The snow piles here are shrinking!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete