Friday, February 26, 2021

Friday

 I had a great dinner out last night. Cashew Chicken, sweet potato fries and risotto with enough left over for tonight. Oh yes, DH and I shared a Lava cake for dessert. It was very good.

I have great stash. In this covid stay home time, I'm delighted when I can find what I'm looking for without having to order it. So yesterday my goal was to find some washers to weigh down the pear and make it more stable. So I went digging and found three of these.


I clipped some threads at the bottom of the pear and slipped in two washers. Then I sewed it up again. Voila!  I sewed up the top putting the stem in place. Done, done. 

I got happy mail yesterday. Three kits from Inspirations. Yes, the pile of them is getting high.
This is a kit from the latest issue of the magazine.


I wonder if I can make it look as nice as the photo. We'll see.

I read Inspirations' newsletter this morning and it featured the Blackwell Roundel.  I have to get back to that!

A

3 comments:

  1. That's going to be a beautiful poppy. Your pear is sitting pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dinner sounds wonderful. I like the washer trick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pear is beautiful!
    Pretty new kit also.
    I love Chinese food!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete