Friday, February 12, 2021

Banana Flips

 I've been cooking.  First I made Chocolate Haystack cookies, a family favorite. 

Then I made a recipe I found on the internet. I loved banana flips but they aren't around anymore. I went looking for a recipe for them. You can find just about anything on the internet. So I found a recipe that sounded like it would work. I had to have DH get some ingredients at the grocery store and the banana extract had to be ordered from Amazon. So I tried the recipe. 

I was successful! The taste is good. The filling is a little grainy as you use just plain sugar in it. Maybe it will be less grainy by the time the cake part cools. Of course I had to try a corner and it is good.

I finished the fifth section of the pear and sewed it to the other four sections. it is starting to look like a pear.  Only one more section to go. 

The other side:

A

2 comments:

  1. Never heard of Banana Flips, but it looks good.
    Awesome Pear.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your chocolate haystack cookies look like our choc oatmeal cookies. For ours it is cooked entirely on the stovetop and cooled on wax paper. I need to find our recipe. It sounds so good right now.

    ReplyDelete