Thursday, February 25, 2021

Leaf

 I just kept working on the pear yesterday. It is so almost done. I reread the directions out loud to myself until I felt like I knew what I was supposed to do.  The directions say to couch thread on the front and the back at the same time.  I tried it and it looked sloppy on both sides to me so I took it out and did my own thing. I wanted the top of the leaf to look nice and neat so I couched it without worrying about the back.

It's kinda blue.
I sewed a piece of felt to the back of the leaf.
I don't know what thread this is. It is just listed as 371 couching thread. I'm glad I got the kit. The thread was supposed to be couched with the variegated DMC but I didn't like that so I chose a green color to couch the threads.

The stem is made with felt dipped in hot soapy water and rubbed in the palm of your hand.  I hadn't done that before. I had to try rubbing it a few different directions before it looked like a stem.  Right now it is drying.

 Then I'll cut it to the right length and sew it into the top of the pear.  I want to put a button on the bottom of the pear and I'd like to put some weight in the bottom.


So that is the plan for today. Going out to eat tonight.  Lucky me!

A

3 comments:

  1. It looks amazing! What an ingenious idea for making the stem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The leaf looks great. I wonder why they wanted both sides to be couched? Just the top side shows! Congrats on eating out - that is a rare bit of fun these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful.
    Hope your dinner was nice.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete