Monday, February 15, 2021

New Start

 Old business: Someone asked me about my Chocolate Haystacks recipe.  Here is my recipe written nearly 50 years ago by my dear Mother -in-law.


DH says they are addictive. 

The Blackwell Roundel box is on its way to me from the UK. 


I ordered it quite a while ago but the maker hurt himself and couldn't make the boxes for a while. So now I need to stitch the insert for the box.  But first I had to find it. Rabbit hole time! I found lots of interesting kits along the way and have a pile of things I want to work on. After about three days I found it. So the goal is to get it all stitched before the box gets here. 



I am making good progress. I got all the shadow work leaves stitched. 

I just realized that I have one more half-leaf to stitch.

So here I am today:

Working on the quinces, whatever they are. 
We didn't get as much snow as the weather forecasters were warning.  Thank goodness. DH has been out shoveling so he can go to the grocery store.

At least the sun is shining! 8 degrees (F) this morning.

A


9 comments:

  1. I love those old stained recipes, I have a few i cherish.
    That's going to be a beautiful box finish.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I have recipe cards from my Grandma with that same old timey stove. I will copy this down, it looks delicious. This is a beautiful project. I would like to do it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohmigosh that recipe card!! I have so many from my mom in that exact design in my little recipe card box! Thank you for the happy smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must try these. We have a similar no bake that is loaded with peanuts.

    Box is fabulous, but your stitching (oh that rose) and projects are always the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the recipe. I haven't found my mom's recipe yet so I borrowed your. Can't wait to make some.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I learned this in 7th grade home ec class! We called them no bake cookie. Super addictive. I still have my recipe card too. And don’t you just love the reference to “oleo”. I wonder how many youngsters will have novel what this is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What exactly is "oleo" listed on the recipe card?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never mind, I really should learn to use the Internet to find the answers to things... haha!

      Delete