Sunday, January 5, 2014

What's Nue?

Margaret asked me if I was doing Or Nue on the Casket Keepsakes Thread Winder Holder.  I have to admit that I am not familiar with Or Nue.  I have seen it mentioned on Mary Corbett's Needle n' Thread site.  So I went and googled it.  I guess you could say I was doing a variation of Or Nue.  Silk threads of varying colors are couching gold thread.  It is getting easier as I go along.  Every other spoke has stopped so there is less couching.  I suspect that the gold threads should be closer together.  I like the sparkle and shine of the gold threads.  It's not perfect but I like the effect.

I got one side of the roof done on Home Sweet Home.  After the satin stitches are done you go back and thread dark green #5 pearl cotton under the blocks.  If you pull too hard, you can't even see the pearl cotton. So I was careful to not pull as I stitched.  I like the shadow effect and added texture it gives the roof.  Now I can start the other roof side.  These photos don't do it justice.


I didn't get around to the finishing yesterday.  Maybe today.  The Christmas tree is now dismantled and I'm waiting for DH to bring up the box to put it in.  We are getting lots of snow today.  Up to 14 inches is expected by midnight.  It looks very pretty with all the trees coated in white.  But you sure do not want to drive in this stuff.  Or walk in it.  I probably won't get all my steps in today.  I have a new FitBit.  It is a bracelet and it vibrates when you get to 10,000.  I like it very much.  It also has an alarm on it.  It will vibrate at whatever time you set it to.  That is a lot better than the loud awful drone of an alarm clock.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment