Saturday, January 4, 2014

Saturday

It is Saturday.  It feels like the third Saturday this week.  The holidays should really be over now.  I still have to take down the Christmas tree though.
I got a pitiful amount of stitching done.  I am on the third color couching down the gold thread on the Casket Keepsakes Thread Winder Holder.  It will start to go faster as the circles get smaller and smaller.  I have to look up and check about how to deal with the eyelets.  I think you just go over them.

 I am almost done with one side of the roof of Home Sweet Home.  I had to take a bunch out as I was off.  So now I am back to making progress.

The sun is out and it is a balmy 30 degrees today.  We expect school will be canceled on Monday as we are to get very frigid temperatures.  If that happens, I'll go see Dylan on Tuesday.

I'm thinking of doing some finishing today.  I have the Sakura pin cushion that could be sewn together.  I want to make some cording to go around it first.  I tried working on the Sakura Bag the other day but kept nodding off.  I think it was because it was too hot in my sewing room.

I was looking at the Pioneer Woman website and saw a recipe for mini brownies.  I was intrigued.  So I took a recipe I had and just baked them in a mini muffin tin.  They have to be dug out of the pan but they are good.  As you can see, I've already eaten two of them!

I've wrapped Claire's birthday gifts.

We see her in less than three weeks!
A

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy, is the thread winder done in Or Nue technique? I remember taking a class in that and it took what seemed forever to make an exceedingly small apple. How the monks in medieval times had the patience for that stitching still amazes me!

    ReplyDelete