It is Monday once again. I love that it is light when I go walking. The bathrooms are clean and I am on to other things.
I finished up the owl's chest that is all done in needlelace with dots. It's not attached yet.
It took a bit of frogging to get it done. Ugh. I put the project down for while because I needed a break. Then I thought I would read what comes next. It is the owl's wing which is done in gimp.
That's another thing that I don't have much experience with. I thought gimp would have metal in the middle surrounded by the silk but it is a cotton-looking core. It is way easier to do needlelace with gimp. Here is one wing:
Then the other wing was stitched on the main piece. It looks a little messier.
I am working on the owl's face now. I'm not sure when I put all this together. It will be interesting to see how he turns out. I know the pussycat comes up next - more needlelace. Please may I get better at this! But at least I am making progress. The goal here is to get this done before the Wren arrives (it hasn't been sent yet and it comes from the UK).
This week Amy Mitten's Ruff kits will be sent. Cool. I will be tempted to start that when it gets here.