I worked hard yesterday to get the boat on The Owl and the Pussycat all done. I did it!
I am very pleased with how it turned out. I love how edging the boat with floss covered wire and gimp adds a lot to the design. It was sort of scary to cut it out (with a seam allowance) of the organdy. The seam allowance is then sewn to the back of the boat. It stills needs a bit of tweaking. The boat isn't attached yet.
I have to make three little peas for floats that will be attached to the side of the boat. They will be completely fabricated with batting and thread. I think you do needlelace over them. Ugh. I did some in an Amy Mitten kit so I hope it goes well. Then the next part is exciting! You cut out the oval of the book cover and apply it to the design. I can't wait!
I am still doing backstitch on the Queen's ruff. When I get that done, I can pad the face. Very interesting.
Two weeks from today is Williamsburg!!