I worked hard to get the honey pot all done.
It has a piece of mica on top of the stitching. First of all, I goofed. I thought there was only one place for mica, the moon. So I used all the mica when I cut the moon. So what do I use for the honey pot? Well my friend Janet gifted me with a bunch of mica when I visited her house one time. So I had some mica I could substitute. Thank you Janet! I was very surprised that the directions say to stitch through the mica. I didn't know you could do that. I was very careful and it worked out fine using a very small #12 embroidery needle. Don't worry. The bottom of the honey pot will be covered by the boat.
Second of all, I goofed again. (Story of my life!) I used the wrong color of gimp to outline the honey jar. So I was pretty short on the ivory color of gimp when it came time to outline the top of the honey pot. But I was able to do it. Thank you Jenny for including plenty in the kit!
When it came to doing the gold sequins covered by the five pound note, I was extra careful. I knew that the boat should cover the bottom of the five pound note "bag". So I trimmed it up alot. I've got my fingers crossed that it all works out.
The next part of the Owl and the Pussycat is the boat. It is done using my nemesis - long and short stitch. I just not good at that. First though, I have to bond the boat shape to some green organdy.
I should get Amy Mitten's Ruff kit today. I'm so excited. I know I can handle the first part, basting and backstitching parts together. I'll show you the kit tomorrow.
The bathrooms are clean. Claire wrote some words for us yesterday. That thrilled me to pieces.