Saturday, November 12, 2016

Sailing

I took out the cat's face and tried again.  It is better.  I think I'll keep it.

I started the sails.  It was going very well until I started the wire to the other side of the green one.  I got a knot in the thread and the stitching was a little messy looking.  While I was taking it out, I lost the little paper covered wire.  It was in my lap - and then it wasn't.  You should have seen DH and me crawling around the floor looking for it.  I finally decided to start the other sail for which I did have a wire.

Then after another search DH (my hero!) found the missing wire.  Yeah!  Now I don't have to go buy some more paper covered wire.  Where would I look anyway?  Michael's?  JoAnn's?

Today was the first day I had to wear my winter coat to go walking.  It was 25 degrees.  My only comfort is that next week it is supposed to be warmer with highs in the 60's.  I should remember that it is November!  DH and I are trying to figure out whether to have a big meal for Thanksgiving.  It is just us.  I want to make my regular goodies of pumpkin pie and prune bread (neither of which DH will eat).  The jury is still out on that one.

Enjoy your Saturday!
A

No comments:

Post a Comment