Follow Thread in Hand by Email

Friday, August 19, 2016

Looking for Stuff

Funny serendipitous things can happen when you go looking for something.  Especially when you are looking on the internet.  I decided to make the sweet little ort container yesterday.  I did pretty well until I came to one line in the directions.  It just didn't make sense.  So since no picture came with the kit, I just wanted to check pictures of ort containers before I forged ahead and did it my way.  So I found lots of pictures of ort containers but I couldn't find the particular one I was looking for.  Then I came across a pattern that I had been looking for for quite a while.  A few years ago, I was at Erica's in South Bend and there on the counter was a darling pin cushion made using Paris Flea Market mini charm pack (2 1/2 " squares).  I didn't buy the pattern and they were all out of the Paris Flea Market pack.  I thought of calling them to get the pattern but I didn't even know the name of it.  Then yesterday, I saw it.

That's what I wanted!  I found and bought the Paris Flea Market charm pack a while back.

 I happened to have some of that tape measure ribbon.

 Hey, I could make this now.  So I did.

Then I went back and finished up the sweet little ort container.

I forged ahead and did it in what seemed to be the most logical way.  It needs something like a quarter in the bottom of the pin cushion to make it heavier so it won't fall off my table.  So I have two finishes.

Then this morning I walked in my sewing room and just couldn't stand all the mess.  I have to clean up this place.  I don't know if any stitching will get done today at all.  Well, maybe later.
A

3 comments: