Monday, August 29, 2016

Going Rogue or To Thine Own Self Be True

I picked up a long neglected project.  It is called the Flemish Fantasy by the designer.

I been trying to get comfortable with this project.  I love the design but I've had a heck of a time getting into it.  First I had to get all the stuff for it.  That involved ordering a slate frame.  Then I tried to follow the directions by gluing paper to the back of the satin.  Not working.  So then I tore the paper off.  Not working.  I needed new satin.  So I ordered the satin, you can't just go to the store and get some.  So I put the new satin  on the slate frame with muslin sewn to the back of it.  Not working.  Last night I picked it up to try again.  I ended up cutting the muslin off of it.  Then I took it off the slate frame.  I work in hand normally anyway.  Then I didn't like the hair thin thread.  So I tried some other thread just to see.  You know what?  I'm getting there.  I goofed around with the carnation.

  I'm not sure how to do it or what edge to work from.  So I just put some stitches in to see.  These designs are very small and you can get away with a lot.  Sort of looks okay?

 With these tiny designs, do I outline each one in stem stitch or back stitch?  Is it really necessary especially if you are going to couch down a gold thread around it?  I still have some questions but I getting there.  I need to goof around with it some more.  I may cut out the carnation threads and do it in a more organized way.


So that's where I am.
The walking is done and the bathrooms are clean.  The sun is shining.  It's a whole new week.
A

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you are having such a bad time with this project.
    It does look pretty though.
    I hope you can come up with some ideas to finish this one.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete