I started it as a travel project I think. The first half is done. I just have to do the other half. I managed to find all the pieces to it. I put it in with a matching project the Strawberry Needlecase.
It is going well and I think I can finish it soon.
Delfi was delighted at the prospect of seeing some progress on the Gold Bird. I also picked it up off the floor. I managed to find all its pieces too.
I looked at what I needed to do nest. Then I sort of remembered why this project was abandoned a while back. It is done in too few threads. Three main metal threads. And there is white felt showing! No way Jose. The kit needs some tweaking. So I went in search of other threads. These are some I found.
I'm going to use some Italian stretchy ribbon.
I used some on Hampton Court. Janet told me where to order it (Specialty Beads). There is another thread I need to find that I think will add something. It bothers me that some of the threads are not going the right direction. The threads should go in the direction that a birds feathers grow. That's why I don't like to top of his head. This may turn out to be a learning project where I figure out what I want to do next time. We'll see.
The bathrooms are cleans. All is well with the world.