Friday, June 20, 2014

One Day

This is a day's worth of stitching.

 It doesn't look like much.  But it took several hours to couch the metal thread.  Then the dreaded detached buttonhole goes very slowly.  I wear my fancy pants glasses with the binocular thingies on them to see the threads.  Even so, I still manage to loose threads and have to add stitches as I go along so I don't have holes.  I'm hoping that when this petal is gathered up, you won't see my mistakes.  My motivation today is the thought that I could finish the carnation.  Wow, that would be fantastic.
It would be perfect if I got the Summer Casket Keepsakes in the mail today so that when the tutorial is posted tomorrow, I can begin.

I so want to make that butterfly.  The beetle looks very interesting too.

This is the new design from Giulia Punti Antichi.  I ordered the doll part and have it already.    I'm tempted to order the pattern (at 20% off) from Stitching Bits and Bobs.  I will get to visit several needlework stores next week.  Maybe I can find this pattern at one of them.
A

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy,
    I'm playing with the idea of stitching this doll pincushion as well. May I ask where you've ordered the doll part? It's hard to find some beautifull ones on Ebay and other.
    Thanks for letting me know!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete