I worked on lots of little stuff from the Spring Casket Keepsakes. There were some lessons I knew I could get done without too much trouble.
I got the pouch that will hold the thread winder all done. It is ingenious how the edge will hold the drawstring. I am very happy with it.
Then I spent a some time looking for the plastic bag that had the tape measure in it. I went through the laundry basket of shame and surprised myself with many things I've been meaning to make. I finally found the bag and was able to make that do-hickey on the end.
Then came the finger loop braiding. I made one drawstring and it turned out pretty well. Some parts are more tightly woven than other parts. and there is one place I hope stays hidden. Otherwise, it turned out fine. I still have one more drawstring to make.
Then I got really brave and put the calyx's together. You have to really trust your directions when it says to cut one-eighth of an inch away from the stitching. I could see this going very bad very easily. But all is well! I was able to cut them out with my handy-dandy applique scissors (first time I've used them). Then you had to clip down to the stitching. But look, they turned out!
So now that's like four lessons I got done. Now back to the wretched detached buttonhole stuff.