Monday, June 16, 2014

Mail

While I was gone, I got some good mail.
First up was the gold purl (?) threads I had ordered so I could continue with Hampton Court.

 I learned that the higher the number, the smaller the diameter of the metal thread.  I think I'll use 9 or 10 to replace the thread that got caught in the carpet.  Since I know Betsy Morgan is working on this also, I have more motivation to catch up to where she is.  She's got all those french knots around the lake all done.

Then I got the Butterfly kit from Jenny Adin-Christie.


 I saw this project being offered at Beating Around the Bush in Australia and wanted very much to take it.  Luckily I was able to buy a kit.  But I have so much going on right now, I can't start it.  Rats.

Then I got my second order of porcelain half dolls.  This is the color I wanted:
 Blonde hair, blue dress.
Now I am choosing floss colors and trying them out.  I found out that if you have a subscription to Sampler and Antique Needlework Quarterly, you can download the digital version of the magazine once you establish an account.  So I did that.  I still haven't gotten my paper copy in the mail.  I think they are sending a replacement copy.
I might get the kit to Summer Casket Keepsakes in the mail today.  I am diligently (sort-of) working to get the Spring Keepsakes done.  I better get busy!
A

2 comments:

  1. What did you buy at Salty Yarns? I have enjoyed reading your blogs about your trip. What is the next class you are taking ?
    Barbara in OKC

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW what lovely gold threads! OH AMY how gorgeous already your colors are looking on the doll project!!! The doll herself is gorgeous in blue too! So sorry you didn't get your issue in yet but at least you have the chart from the digital version. Yeah you got the kit you wanted. love Annette

    ReplyDelete